Friday, June 10, 2011

Happy Mother's Day to me!

I waited patiently for a whole week and my Mother's Day present finally arrived!  My very own, brand-new Vatanai Chartres 4.5 m woven wrap!! 




I found my first wrap on Craigslist in January and got hooked on wrapping, but that one was a more inexpensive wrap and made of gauze so it really dug into my shoulders.  I had been wanting a higher quality wrap for a long time, but was having a hard time justifying spending the money on it.  When Bill said I could trade in my Mother's Day massage and pedicure for a wrap instead, I jumped online and ordered before he changed his mind!  :-)

Now that I've got this one, I've already decided that I want another, shorter woven to do some other types of carries that don't require as much fabric.  Bill just rolls his eyes, mutters about me being crazy under his breath, and says I'd better sell the gauze one before I even think about buying another.  Alright by me!

It is just SO handy to be able to throw Miles up on my back and get things done, especially when he's being a bit of a cling-on like recently.  He's happy because he's up high enough where he can see over my shoulder and I'm happy because he's not fussing at me and he's on my back and out of my way, as opposed to being in a front carrier where I have to work around him.  Of course, you can also do front carries and hip carries with a wrap, too.  I LOVE it!  :)

*     *     *     *     *

Abbie and Josie were very kind and hosted us for a playdate today.  Miles and Josie are only 3 days apart and they are just so cute together!  Plus, it is awesome to have a grown-up mommy friend to talk to during the day!  :-)  Abbie set the kiddos up with some colored yogurt painting and they had a blast!  They also definitely had a bath when they were done!




*Josie was totally loving eating the yogurt as much as painting with it!* 


*Miles wasn't entirely sure about it.*


*Um, my feet are a little messy, Momma.*


After the yogurt fun, they were so funny because Miles kept rolling onto his back and then rolling back to his tummy and every time he would pop his head back up, Josie would just crack up!


*     *     *     *     *

Miles had some broccoli for supper tonight and he thoroughly enjoyed it.  Can you tell?  :-)





*     *     *     *     *

On the docket this weekend?  Finishing unpacking once and for all.  Bill is about to have a nervous breakdown because everything is not put away yet.  He did a lot of work in the garage last night and this morning so now we can fit a car in there!  He also got up early this morning and cleaned and vacuumed both cars, then when he got home today he cleaned and swept the laundry/storage room in the basement.  He is on a mission and I think it is in my best interest to go along on the mission, too...  So if you need me this weekend, I will be sorting through the small mountain of boxes that we have yet to unpack.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment