Saturday, July 9, 2011

9 Months!

Gosh, it's been a long time since I've updated the blog!

Miles,

Today you are 9 months old.  I am in denial that you will be 1 YEAR old in just 3 months! 

You are so much fun now!  You have such a happy personality and love to smile at (almost) everyone you meet.  You only get upset when you are hungry or overtired, and I guess I can't blame you for that because I do, too!


You are really eating food with more purpose now.  You love bananas, cottage cheese, yogurt, toast with cream cheese, asparagus, pears, noodles, and just about anything else we give you.  Oh, except raspberries - you're not such a fan of those. 


You are trying SO hard to crawl.  You get up on all fours and rock back and forth, but you can't quite figure out how to get your hands moving so you usually end up going head-first into the floor.  As soon as you work out what to do with those hands, though, we are in trouble!  :)


You have figured out how to sit yourself back up after you've been laying on the floor, which is really helpful to us.  Since you learned how to sit up, we spent a lot of time sitting you back up after you tipped over reaching too far for a toy (or power cords or our shoes or some other treasure that is SO much more interesting than one of your actual toys...).


You've started to really look to us to gauge what your reaction should be to things.  A few days ago, Daddy was doing something really silly looking and you looked up at me, then after you saw that I was laughing, you decided you could laugh, too.  You often will bury your head in our shoulders when someone new talks to you, then peek up at them, then me before burying your head again.


You have two more teeth!  Well, ok, more like one and a half.  Your left top front tooth and the one just to the left of it are almost all the way through.  Now it really is dangerous to stick a finger in your mouth!  I must say that we have become believers in your baltic amber necklace.  After 5 teeth, we have not had to give you any sort of pain reliever and have not noticed any significant mood changes or other disruptions to your routine.  So, I tend to believe it must be doing some good... :)


You will have your 9 month check-up next week, but if I had to guess, I would say that you haven't gained a ton of weight (maybe 2ish pounds) since your 6 month check-up, but I think you've been busy stretching up.  It seems like we've been retiring more and more clothes because they no longer fit length-wise.  We'll see...


Sleeping at night is still definitely NOT your strong point, but you do redeem yourself by taking great naps during the day.  I guess if I had to choose one or the other, I wouldn't change it because I am able to get a lot done while you're napping!  But, that doesn't mean I wouldn't take BOTH - that would be juuuuust fine with us!


You love water - shower, baby pool, bath, big pool, boating.  Doesn't matter.  You are a big fan of it all!


You are growing so fast - I feel like you learn something new every single day.  Sometimes I wish I could push the pause button and keep you this little for just a little while longer.  It does make it a bit easier because it seems like the next thing you do is always just as cute and fun and exciting as whatever I was being nostalgic over, though. 


Waking up to your sleepy, stretchy snuggles is the favorite part of my day.  You make us both so happy and we are so lucky to get to be your Momma and Daddy.  Happy 9 months, Bubbaroo.  We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment